Tuesday, May 6, 2014

DEVO May 6 - What the Sabbath is NOT

Devotion below … but first read the following Scripture!

 

 

 

 

Here’s what the Sabbath is NOT: It’s not about you.

 

Here’s what the Sabbath IS: It’s all about God.

 

That’s the secret to life in general, of course. But God knows we’re weak. Sinful. Selfish and self-centered.

 

Fortunately, he want to free us from that. His method: The Sabbath.

 

If you can learn to focus on him for one day out of seven …

Maybe you can learn to focus on him for two days out of seven …

Then three … and four … and maybe 24/7!

 

Sabbath is not the end-goal. It’s the beginning of freedom.

 

Yesterday I challenged you to make plans today to be ready for next Sunday. So … what can you start planning and accomplishing today, so that by Sunday, you won’t have anything on your list that’s about “your own ways … your own interests or … your own [responsibilities]”?

 

In Christ’s Love,

A guy who wonders …

Do pastors work on Sundays?

I used to … and when I’m tired, I still do …

but when I’m prepared, I worship on Sundays!!!

I fully relax by hanging around my (church) family!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment