Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4 - Proverbs 27:14

Whoever blesses a neighbor
with a loud voice rising early in the morning,
will be counted as cursing.
Proverbs 27:14
 
Have you ever heard this more recent piece of wisdom than Solomon's:
 
Some people wake up in the morning
and say, "Good morning, Lord!!"
Others wake up in the morning and say,
"Good Lord! It's morning."
 
I've been in the latter category for most of my life. In fact, I'd still rather structure my life around the proverb: "Later to bed, later to rise, helps me not come as close to Proverbs-27:14-cursing."
 
Nowadays, I'm really not too late to bed. And I truly have way too much to do to rise too late. Indeed, I have definitely gotten much better in recent years. But I am, nevertheless, surely not a morning person!
 
And that brings me to today's point ... all of us a different. My way is not right. And it is not wrong. Part of it is the way I'm built. And we're all better off if -- as long as it doesn't involve outright sin -- we're not judging other people based on the way we'd prefer things to be done.
 
We'd all do better if we all embrace our uniqueness.
 
It takes many people ... with many gifts ... and even a few quirks to build the kingdom. And as long as uniqueness is pointed toward God and not mired in anger, pride, jealousy, sloth, or any of the other deadly sins, then I say, "Serve God your way!!!" 
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who's weird
(yet tries to point oddly and
wonderfully toward God)

No comments:

Post a Comment