Friday, November 26, 2010

November 26 - Matthew 27:45

From noon on,
darkness came over the whole land
until three in the afternoon.
Matthew 27:45
 
"I danced on a Friday when the sky turned black."
 
That old song seems appropriate for the day our country calls "Black Friday." Apparently we ate enough yesterday that we now have enough energy stored up to shop for a whole day.
 
As I write this – on Wednesday – I must confess ... I just finished shopping. It seems unavoidable in our American society. But do you remember the next line to that song? "It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back."
 
I am as guilty as anyone. Gluttony and greed define this weekend. I pray that I discipline myself instead to focus on a little more thanks … a little more giving … a little more family … and a little more faith.
 
In Christ’s Love,
a guy who weighs three pounds more today
than I did yesterday
(it’s hard to dance with that on my back too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment