Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 18 - November 11 - Ephesians 6:11

Your Name is ROCK
Father God, be my my rock and my fortress, my shield and my armor,
and deliver me from all evil today.
What is the evil that’s swirling around us? And how is the evil one attacking you?
 
Put on the full armor of God
so that you can take your stand
against the devil's schemes.
Ephesians 6:11
 
Recently, chapter by chapter, a group of us read through one of the Gospels -- Mark.
 
Page after page we came across Satan, darkness, demons, and evil.
 
Our modern world likes to say that darkness is a fairy tale and only the naive believe in such things. Well, Jesus and EVERY ONE of the New Testament writers must have all be very naive because evil -- and the need to protect ourselves from it -- are on almost every page.
 
And the worst part about evil is that it often wear such beautiful robes.
 
Evil doesn't whisper with a perverted hiss, "Do this! Try that! Because I want to tear your morals from you, destroy your relationships, and ruin your life."
 
Evil whispers, "It's not that bad. It won't hurt anyone else. You have a right to feel good. Besides everyone else is doing it." And step by step ... by step by step ... that saccharine-sweet voice invites us into it's tangled web. 
 
When Jesus was tempted in the wilderness, he used one prominent weapon to defeat evil -- the Word of God, "It is written. It is written. It is written." Use all the armor God has given you ... and pray daily: "Deliver us from evil."
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who denied evil for a long time
and found myself in a million shades of gray
(now I can tell when the battle is near
... and it too often is)

No comments:

Post a Comment