Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 27 - November 20 - Psalm 40:11

Your Name is ZEALOUS
Lord, you are absolutely passionate about my life.
Lead me out into your day.
Do you really believe that God is passionate about your life? Trust him to lead you today!
God ... don't hold back your passion.
Your love and truth are all that keeps me together.
Psalm 40:11
"Zealous" means ... spirited ... eager ... forceful ... intense ... devoted ... enthusiastic ... and passionate. Therefore I looked for a verse today that reflected God's passion.
I love the Message paraphrase of this verse. I imagine a person clinging desperately to the edge of a cliff. All that's keep them attached to life and hope and sanity -- all that's holding them together -- is God's passion (His love) and His truth.
Do you believe that God's love for you is passionate?
Do you believe that He cares about every moment of your lives?
Do you let him lead you out? Do you let him hold you together?
We've been on a nearly month long journey. I'd like to have imagined us on our knees in our prayer closet. But that's not where I hope you are now. I hope that now you are charging forward in faith and hope. Prayer is a nice retreat, a nice respite. But life is designed to be an adventure.
One of my favorite phrases is from Joshua 1:11 -- "go [and] take possession of the land that the Lord your God gives you to possess."
In Christ's Love,
a zealous, passionate adventurer
who wants to claim God's future
for me, my family, and our church

No comments:

Post a Comment