Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Apr 4 - Psalm 119:11

 

I have treasured

your word in my heart,

so that I may not

sin against you.

Psalm 119:11

 

Two key words grab me: “treasure” and “sin.”

 

How many of you grew up watching pirate movies. Usually there’s “treasure.” And always there’s “sin” – someone is always scheming, scamming, lying, cheating, and even killing to get the treasure for themselves.

 

Scripture, however, tells us not to be pirates! Indeed, Psalm 119 reminds us that there is a “treasure” that keeps us from “sin.” That treasure is “[God’s] word.”

 

And if there was a pirate’s map, an “X” wouldn’t mark the spot. A “heart” would mark the spot. We would seek this treasure with all our heart, be saved from the pain of sin, and finally live the life God intended.

 

In Christ’s Love,

a guy who used to

seek treasure and

have a black beard

… now I have a

gray beard and

know the true

treasures

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment