Saturday, March 29, 2014

LENT: Mar 30 - John 14:14

Jesus says,

"If in my name you ask me

for anything, I will do it."

John 14:14

In this passage, Jesus is not promising to be you personal genie!

Yes, he does say, "If ... you ask me for anything, I will do it," but those are three important dots.

The key to getting the answer we want is wanting what God wants. That's what asking "in his name" means. It means giving up our plans and purposes for his higher plans and purposes.

God will always do what he wants! He will always do what he knows is right. Period. Therefore, the secret to answered prayer is becoming one with God and wanting what he wants!

In Christ's Love,

a guy who feels like

his desires are beginning to

head in the right direction

(i.e. I'm learning to want less of me)



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment