Saturday, June 9, 2012

Romans 8:37 - Wk 2 Day 7

in all these things we are
more than conquerors
through him who loved us.
Romans 8:37

Not looking ahead, I did not know with my military images on Day 5 that Day 7 in our reading of Power Praying would be about warfare. David Chotka goes on to say, “To pray [the Lord’s] Prayer is to … declare war on all evil everywhere.”

Oops. I was just praying innocently. This means war?!!

Pastor David says, “[God] is asking us to partner with Him in the retaking of earth from the forces of darkness.”

I don’t know about you, but I don’t want war! Nevertheless, sign me up for retaking the world from lawlessness and sin!

Isn’t that the way it’s been for most soldiers throughout time? Think World War II, again. With the exception of few gung-ho thrill seekers, most soldiers would rather stay home with their girlfriends and go about their own lives. Nevertheless, they feel compelled to protect their home, family, and kingdom from the lawless usurpers.

I said earlier, “sign me up.” For what? “For retaking world.” Can I really retake the world. I’m just one guy. How can I retake the whole world?

·         By signing up to follow. We call this faith and allegiance.
·         By putting on the uniform. Suddenly it’s not just me alone who’s fighting alone. I stand for something much bigger.
·         By wearing the uniform correctly. Obedience is part of the full armor of God. Truth, faith, scriptures, and all the other battle gear, make me effective.
·         By defending my territory. I’m one man, one soldier. I can’t save the planet, but I can defend my territory. And I can equip my neighbor. Together, we stand for something much bigger. God in his wisdom, chooses to work through each of us. In my oath of allegiance, I commit to do my part.

In Christ’s Love,
a conquerer
(through him who
loves, calls, and equips me)

No comments:

Post a Comment