Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 27 - Genesis 39:21, James 1:2-4

My brothers and sisters,
whenever you face trials of any kind,
consider it nothing but joy,
because you know that
the testing of your faith produces endurance; 
and let endurance have its full effect,
so that you may be mature and complete,
lacking in nothing.
James 1:2-4
 
Consider our trials nothing but joy?! Yeah, right. I don't care if "3 the testing of [my] faith produces endurance, and ... endurance [makes me more] mature." I'm not going to likely to start praying for trials!
 
I think most of us have a common perspective. If we're honest, how many of us base our faith on our feelings and circumstances?
 
In Genesis 39, Joseph -- who'd already been sold into slavery -- was now thrown into prison. Surely that was a sign -- if ever there was one -- that God was against him, right? Yet God was taking care of Joseph, and God is taking care of you.
 
In fact, it's often during the challenges that God's presence is most apparent. When all the comforts of life are stripped away from us, it's often then that we see God most readily.
 
I'm tempted to say, "Pray for Hard Times!" But I don't need to do that ... hard times will come in this world whether we want them to or not. Therefore, what I pray is that we may all remember Joseph in the midst of our trails ... and God's steadfast love which never falters.
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who needs to remember
that even in the midst of my trials,
I can plug my name into Genesis 39:21
"the Lord was with ME and showed ME steadfast love"

No comments:

Post a Comment