Monday, June 2, 2014

DEVO: June 3 - DO YOU WANT A BOOK? Last Chance to Order

Last Chance to Order Bruce Wilkinson’s

Secrets of the Vine: Breaking through to Abundance

Email me back the word “Yes”; it’s roughly $6 a book

 

I am the vine,

you are the branches.

Those who abide in me and

I in them bear much fruit

John 15:5

 

·         Are you tired of muddling through life?

·         Are you ready to break through to abundance?!!

 

Those are the questions we asked on Sunday.

 

We pointed to a book by Pastor Bruce Wilkinson who tells the story about having a sun-bronzed man come up to him while he was speaking at a conference. He said, “Do you understand John 15?” “Somewhat,” said Pastor Wilkinson. The bronzed farmer said, “Well I own a vineyard, and I think I’ve figured it out.” Bruce Wilkinson says, “I offered to buy him coffee on the spot.”

 

Now before I tell you the story that this farmer told, I promised to be very practical in detailing how to practice Sabbath, experience Jubilee, and discover more freedom and rest in your life. These next few days of devotions will be very practical.

 

But most practical step is to buy the book. Spurred on by a story from this old farmer, Pastor Wilkinson noticed a progression in Jesus’ parable that talks about no fruit and some fruit … then more fruit and much fruit.

 

Jesus, says this pastor, wants to take you on a journey from little fruit to abundant joy. And our Lord has clear steps to draw us along each step of this journey toward greater fruitfulness. And the first step is to buy the book! (I’ll give you a few* hints in the next few day’s emails. The book will give you details … and the best part is that it’s short, sweet, clear, and yet profound.)

 

In Christ’s Love,

a guy who’s looking forward

to telling you the farmer’s story

… tomorrow!

Today … pray for God to give you

the hunger to truly grow

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment