Monday, November 19, 2012

Nov 19 - 1 Cor 13:2

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:9

Now I know only in part;
then I will know fully,
even as I have been fully known.
1 Corinthians 13:12

I couldn’t resist these verses in tandem.

Who knows fully? The one who is higher than the earth. So why do we on earth claim to be so wise? Why do we try to do things our own way? Pride. Based on our own limited perspective, we think we know what’s best … and we definitely know what we want. That’s a lethal combination.

The good news in this is that God knows fully … and still loves us.

If we’re honest, there are times when we don’t want him to look!!! He sees anyway … and still loves us.

If you want to discover a new blessing … it’s time to submit to God’s wisdom rather than your own logic  … it’s time to accept his timeless Word and eternal commands, rather than the selfish thoughts and false values and fickle priorities of our ever-changing world … it’s time to accept that God sees all, and to try to love him (including loving his laws) as much as he loves you.

In Christ’s Love,
a wise guy
(except what always happens to wise guys?
they’re always getting in trouble.
I want to be faithful guy rather than a wise guy)

No comments:

Post a Comment