Friday, September 7, 2012

Sept 7 - Psalm 18:46 (Part 1)

The LORD lives!
Blessed be my rock!
May the God of
my salvation be exalted!
Psalm 18:46

Psalm 18 is a long Psalm, but it tells an important story. Indeed, if we make it the cry of our heart, we get all of the exclamation points found in verse 46!

Here’s the simple story. Part one …

6 In my distress I cried out to the LORD ...
My cry reached his ears ...

Point one, when there’s trouble in life, don’t try to conquer it yourself. Cry out to the Lord! Ask for help. The call will reach his ears. God will reach down. And if we watch carefully, we will see his hand, and then we can cry out like David …

28 LORD, you have brought light to my life ...
29 In your strength I can crush an army;
with my God I can scale any wall. ...

In Christ’s Love,
a Philippians 4:13 kind of guy
(I can do all things through
Christ who strengthens me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment