Monday, April 19, 2010

_____________________
April 19
the priests could not stand to minister
because ... the glory of the Lord filled the house of God

2 Chronicles 5:14


Yesterday in worship our theme was: If you want God to show up, brag on Him! Praise Him!

Therefore, I pulled up two lists. One was the names for and attributes of God (below in green). The second was ways we could worship and praise our Lord (below blue). And in worship yesterday, we stopped for five minutes to pray and praise our wonderful, merciful God.

Now, all this year I've been praying for revival for our country. But I've come to realize that if I want that to happen, I need to pray for it to start with me ... and with our church.

Therefore, if you want more faith, more joy, more power, or more revival in your life ... if you want God to descend so wonderfully, heavily into our presence that -- 2 Chronicles 5:14 -- we can't stand up ... then I invite you to join me in praying through this list daily.

Here's how it might work for you. Everyday read through a good chunk of this list. Say something like, "I Worship you God because you are Gracious. I Praise you Lord, because you are Merciful. I Give Thanks to you Lord, because you are Slow to Anger." And so on. The list is in totally random order. So switch it up. "Today, I'm going to read the blue one and then the green one three lines down." Be creative, because if you want God to show up, start bragging on him more!

+ Worship Gracious
+ Praise Merciful
+ Give Thanks Slow to Anger
+ Bow Down Steadfast
+ Fall Before Loving
+ Rise Up Wonderful
+ Kneel Counselor
+ Sing Almighty God
+ Celebrate Everlasting Father
+ Pray Prince of Peace
+ Honor Immortal
+ Glorify Invincible
+ Bless All Wise
+ Follow Spirit
+ Obey Life
+ Give Generously Sovereign
+ Wonder Lord
+ Awe Forgiving
+ Fear Just
+ Tremble Eternal
+ Sacrifice Infinite
+ Believe Holy
+ Cling to All Knowing
+ Humble Myself Faithful
+ Adore Great
+ Submit Good
+ Talk to All Powerful
+ Trust Unchanging
+ Shout True
+ Confess Glorious
+ Cry Generous
+ Rejoice Savior
+ Open My Heart Righteous
+ Raise My Hands Close
+ Lift My Voice Excellent
+ Allow Myself to be Broken Divine
+ Spend Time with Unchanging
+ Exalt Mighty
+ Cry Out Lord of Lords
+ Wait Patiently King of Kings
+ Do Justice Alpha / Omega
+ Show Kindness Immanuel
+ Walk Humbly I AM
+ Stand Up Against ___ Savior
+ Enjoy Messiah
+ Listen Lamb
+ Devotion Redeemer
+ Pay Attention to Healer
+ Habits Trinity
+ Discipline Rock
+ Dance Refuge
+ Experience His Presence Hiding Place
+ Commit to Shelter
+ Celebrate Deliverer
+ Sanctify Provider
+ Draw Near to Shepherd

In Christ's Love
a pastor who wants to never stand up again
because we have prayed the Lord so heavily
into our sanctuary

No comments:

Post a Comment